Thursday 20 November 2014

B.A.L.I

 


Date: 25th May-18th June
Duration: 25days
So here are my updates on the not-so-recent travel I did with Zyan.
Just the both of us cos the my 1st love Atiq has school to attend to. He is 12, if you need to know, so school is pretty important now.
Anyway, I decide to forego my Spain-Portugal-Paris trip for this because I want this little one to follow and experience Bali's crazy air and waves. PLUS, being with me for a full 25days, no one else.
1st week is Learning Week
We learned surfing with Rip Curl School of surf in Legian.
He loved but got tired and cold after like hmmm 30mins?
Well I got him a one-on-one class with the instructorè, Adi. How cute my son. I was very nervous for him actually, his first time without me in the sea, on a board but I have to throw him out there to learn. Im hardcore like that. I kept repeating to myself, " He's a boy its ok. Let him be."
So
Next was my turn to take the board and educate myself with a whole new surfing vocabulary. It was all worth it. learned for to Eskimo roll, how to look at the rips and learn the swells etc. We had 1 hour of theory lesson and 1 hour of practical for 2days. i was pretty much surprised that I could ride the wave in spite of my injured tailbone. I can't feel the pain while in the water. So this is how water therapy feel like, now I know.
We did our trips up to Ubud and Tanah Lot as well. He enjoyed it but I didn't cos' traffic was horrible.
2nd week : We Explore into the Beauty
Our week 2 was the best so by cos we adapted to the bali way of life, weather and time.
We did the 
Gitgit waterfall
Uluwatu Temple
Pura Besakih
Padang-padang beach
Pandawa the secret beach ( but not a secret anymore, just like Victoria's Secret)
Our Villa Ampels in Uluwatu was Amazing. Amazing view from our porch, amazing staffs, and what is amazing it is a 5 minutes walk to padang-padang beach.
Let me show you, this is what we woke up to every morning. The view from our porch.
 And Zyan got his daily dosage of pool, 2 times a day for 6 days.
This is what we did on the 10th of May- yes, Mom's bday.
We hung out watching sunset by this beautiful cliff restaurant
Blue Haven.
This is love.
Learned:
1) 25days of patience.
2) Independence: Pros and Cons. You are the controller, you are the pilot without the air trafic controller, uses a lot of brain juice and power. It is therefore very exhausting.
3)No parental (Mine) Government : Pros and Cons too. hehe
4) Heightened my survivor mode & intuitions i feel like a lioness. Ever Ready to prance at any danger.
5) My organization skills went up 10 notch (*ehem).
- Monetarily, i , off cos need to calculate, $2000 for 25days/ 2 of us.
- Time: This is crutial as well. As for me, I prefer to not drive at night unless no choice, not on Bali roads not with my kid around. It is dangerous due to the poor of street lights, I rather not take that risk. 8pm latest.
- Logistically: Bottled water, Fresh-clean clothes, Meals, munchies, transportation.
- Geographically: have you seen the map of bali? It is basically not KUTA or Seminyak only. There are other much much beautiful places you know.
- Organizing our itinerary: Like I said, its not only Kuta and Seminyak and ubud Only. So, I had to organize where to go and which day to go. If we're too tired to wake up too early to travel to Gitgit and Lovina or not, loads of consideration. Oh well, sometimes we just do it.
We kinda busted our funds a little bit with some unforeseen miscellaneous and expenses like fines, punctured tyre and unnecessary 'tour guides' but OH WELL these things happen, I moved on. Sigh.
All in all we had fun, memories were made and I tell you, it was 'unerasable' for Zyan. He learned and adapted to my habits, behavoir and whatsoever. We learned to make each other happy and make do with what we have and what we do not have. I guess this is just like being in any relationship.
Despite all the hardships and the almost naturalist lifestyle, he loved his time there and he request to go back to Bali - Again.


2 comments: