Friday 31 October 2014

Whales

Whale watching. First time in our lives, such a beautiful sight, beautiful site. Weather was good.
We were at Cape Leeuwin Augusta, tip of Perth. It was so cold, quiet and serene. It somehow reminds me of Teletubby land.
It was a 2-hour boat trip out into the ocean and it was all worth it.
The highlight of the trip was 'Gandolf', a humpback whale. The ship crew decide to call it that because of it's white strip on his back, ok whtever. There were 3 of them, gathering near the boat but I was too caught up with my camera, getting ready to snap. But I was slow and also missed that moment. So I decided to put my camera aside and look at them. It was breathtaking. I wanted to cry.
The chap beside me went " Oh my god" like 5 times when he saw the whales jump out of the water. No words could describe how breathtaking it was for us.
Our knees went soft.
The ship crew were incredible, they were very well equipped  and their knowledge of the whales were good. They were telling us on how we should avoid other ship so that we won't stress the whales, how we should be very quiet around these creatures.
My calf (Zyan) was down with seasick so he did not quite catch the exciting parts.
But he did manage to catch some whale action, was lucky he didn't puke or cry.
*phew*
wpid-img_20140603_191830.jpg
Meet Gandolf the shy one. This was one of the close shots we got of him but right after this, he came closer. And that was when I decided to bail on my camera to experience that beautiful moment.
wpid-img_20140603_191644.jpg
Look at this Baby whale, pale and sea sick. My poor baby. But he did enjoyed this experience with the wild creature. Something you won't get to do back home AYE?
wpid-img_20140603_192132.jpg
Our Happy and satisfied shot at Cape Leeuwin Light house. Can you see the background? Does it look like where the Teletubbies might live.
Can't wait for our next adventure trip! Till we meet again Gandolf.
wpid-img_20141031_135349.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment